Installing Tally.ERP 9 – Single User
How Install Tally.ERP 9 (2020) Step by Step
Installing Tally.ERP 9 is simple and fast. You can install Tally.ERP 9 from the Downloads page on the Tally website, or use the CD installer.
Depending on your location, use:
Tally.ERP 9 is compatible with Windows XP SP2 or higher versions of the Windows operating system.
- Double click the installer icon to open Tally.ERP 9 Installer .
- Select the required Installation folder path, if you do not want to install Tally.ERP 9 at the default location.
- Click Advanced to alter the Data Directory , Country Selection , and Startup Language .
- Click Check Latest to check availability of the latest version of Tally.ERP 9. The Install Now option, by default, installs the latest version of the application.
- Click Install Latest to install the latest version. Alternatively, click Install to install the version you have downloaded.
Note: To access offline help, download the Help Installer from the download center, and double click setup.exe to install.
When you are connected to the Internet, you can access the latest help content online at help.tallysolutions.com .
Tally.ERP 9 automatically installs 32-bit or 64-bit Tally.ERP 9 application, depending on your system configuration. However, if required you can install 32-bit Tally.ERP 9 on a 64-bit windows operating system. To do this:
- Open Command Prompt .
- Enter the path where setup.exe is present.
- Enter the command setup.exe /bitness:32 .
- Press Enter , to install Tally.ERP 9
- Let’s take an example to understand with Snapshot the process.
You can install Tally.ERP 9 using one of the following methods:
Follow the instructions displayed on your screen to proceed with the installation of Tally.ERP 9.
- The Tally.ERP 9 Setup Wizard screen is displayed as
- Click Next to continue with the installation
- The Tally.ERP 9 Setup screen appears
- In the Programs section check select Tally.ERP
- In the Tally.ERP 9 Setup section, you can accept the default directories as shown or click on the buttons
- provided next to the respective text boxes to change the path of Application Directory, Data Directory, Configuration Directory, Language Directory and License
- Application Directory – The program files reside in this
- Data Directory – by default Tally.ERP 9 data is stored in C:\Tally.ERP 9\Data. During the installation process, the wizard detects and retains the data path of previously installed version of Tally.ERP
- Configuration Directory – by default the configuration files reside in the application directory.
- Language Directory – by default the Language files with the extension .dct are stored in the application
In the License Details section, by default Use Local License File is selected. License Directory – by default the license file resides in the license directory.Ensure that an earlier version of Tally. ERP 9 Silver is activated. Enter the path of the license file in License Directory. This enables you to run multiple instances of Tally. ERP 9 Silver on the same computer using a single license File.
In the Country/Language Selection screen, check to Install Operating System Language Support to install Tally.ERP 9 with multi-lingual Note: To use Tally. ERP 9 in English only, uncheck Install Operating Systems Language Support
By default, India/SAARC appears in the Country Select Others if you are not residing in India or any of the SAARC countries.
The Setup Status screen is displayed as
You will be prompted for the language support files in the Files needed screen, insert operating systems CD in the drive or click Browse and select the i386 folder where the required language support files reside on your
Click OK to install Language
Note: Incase you click Cancel or do not have the operating system CD, The language support will not be available.
In the installer, screen click Finish completing ERP 9 Setup.
Click Finish to complete Tally.ERP 9 Silver Installation.
To start the Tally.ERP 9 application, double click the Tally.ERP 9 icon on the desktop.